The Daniel Galvin Jr brand was already well established in the high end celebrity hair styling market with an existing e-commerce site. The original requirements were to improve the existing site to refresh with their new brand and a greater product focus without diminishing the ability for users to find and use the salon.
We recommended a complete new website build due to underlying issues and slow performance. This allowed us to optimise the user experience and improve conversion based on our research.
- E-commerce store
- Improve the branding and style in keeping with the new product lines
- Visual aesthetic was vital given the position of the business in the fashion industry
- Maintaining the use of their existing booking system and integrating with it
- Mobile first web design was key, as we analysed the existing audience and found majority mobile users.
- A content management system was employed to allow quick changes, keeping up with management of new lines and to facilitate quick expansion of the site.
- It was important for the site to allowing existing salon customers to find the information they needed, but this also provided a good opportunity to make their existing audience aware of their hair and beauty product lines.
Daniel Galvin Jr has created the most advanced organic hair product range alongside running London’s favourite hair salon. He needed a website to match.
Within the fashion and beauty industry, Daniel Galvin Junior has made a name for himself as a top hair stylist. He is also known for championing organic hair products. This unique selling point sets their hair products apart and DGJ needed a site that could adequately show off the high quality of these products and the passion that has gone into developing them.
Large minimalist product images were important for the mobile first design and every product included a detailed description of the ingredients, sourcing and testing requirements on the product page.